The Benefits of Choosing an Urgent Care Center
There has been a major increase of urgent care clinics across the country that aim at serving patients who require medical attention for non-life threatening illnesses or conditions. An urgent care center is much different than a hospital’s ER, and there are only certain conditions that an urgent care center can actually address.
For anyone who lives in the Spring or Harris County area near Cypress, there is 24-hour urgent care in Spring TX, that will treat common symptoms like: vomiting, dehydration, fever, and more. It is important to note that there are some benefits in visiting an urgent care center:
- The cost of visiting an urgent care center is almost always less than a visit to the emergency room at a hospital.
- Average wait time is less than what you would experience at a hospital.
- Urgent care centers are equipped to deal with a long list of conditions and illnesses that can help hospitals clear out their waiting rooms and serve patients that indeed need a hospital emergency room.
Urgent care centers are not a substitute for emergency care. When an individual’s life is in danger or permanent impairment to their life is at stake, this is when they need to visit an emergency room. The Cypress Creek can take care of conditions such as:
- Accidents and falls
- Moderate back problems
- Mild to moderate asthma attacks (breathing difficulties)
- Bleeding and cuts that require stitches
- Laboratory tests and X-rays (diagnostics)
- Eye irritation
- Sore throat and coughs
- Fevers or the flu
- Minor broken bones such as toes
- Urinary tract infections
- Skin rashes or infections
However, if you do not fall into any of the above categories, you may require assistance from a hospital emergency room. Common conditions that require an ER visit: severe chest pain, compound fractures, fever in newborns, seizures, gunshot wounds or deep knife wounds, poisoning, Heart attack signs, stroke signs, serious head/neck/back problems, and of course pregnancy-related problems.